Cucumber & Squash Salad
“I developed this recipe one summer when I had too many summer squash and needed a different, tasty way to use them.” Jacqueline Miller — Wooster, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with
- salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 86 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.