This old-fashioned gelatin is sure to bring back memories of Christmases past. It’s a refreshing addition to a heavy meal.
- 3 large pink grapefruit
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- Leaf lettuce leaves, optional
- Cut each grapefruit in half; remove sections, reserving juice. Set sections aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, salt and grapefruit juice mixture. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until completely dissolved. Stir in vinegar. Chill until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Fold in cucumber and grapefruit sections. Transfer to a 1-qt. mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cucumber & Grapefruit Mold in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p49
Reviews for Cucumber & Grapefruit Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review