Cubed Steaks with Gravy Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated.
- In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steaks with Gravy(29)
Sort By :
I make cubed steak about 1X a mo., I have changed my gravy over the years from scratch to Aus Jus gravy mix & add sour cream to make creamy and use beef broth in lieu of water. Saute white onions in the microwave and add to the gravy. Cream & real butter with sour cream to the mashed potato's. For the cubed steaks prep, I flour them by pressing into the flour in a mixing bowl (pepper added), and then press panko into the meat by kneading them to tenderize the meat. It doesn't take so long to cook to get tender cube steaks then. Love em!
The cube steaks are so tender and yummy! Love this recipe
This is the only way I will ever fix cubed steaks again. My family loved it!!!
This is the most amazing recipe ever! Never liked the meat because it was chewy and tuff this is so tender and falls apart so tasty!!! Will make it again an again:)
Made this last night for dinner and it was wonderful! Great flavor and the steaks come out so tender. We had them over mashed potatoes
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >