Cubed Steaks with Gravy Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated.
- In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steaks with Gravy
Sort By :
Sounds delish! But I dont have a slow cooker. Can I make this in the oven? How long?
Best best best
This dish is flavorful and robust. The gravy mixture seemed like a sodium overload, but it wasn't. My family smothered that gravy all over our plates. This is a dish you can serve dinner guests. I served it with a strawberry spinach salad and mashed potatoes.
This was really good. The gravy mixes gave it a good flavor. My cube steaks broke apart which was ok. We put a scoop on top on mashed potatoes and it was really good. I also added a whole green pepper and a whole sweet onion.
I make cubed steak about 1X a mo., I have changed my gravy over the years from scratch to Aus Jus gravy mix & add sour cream to make creamy and use beef broth in lieu of water. Saute white onions in the microwave and add to the gravy. Cream & real butter with sour cream to the mashed potato's. For the cubed steaks prep, I flour them by pressing into the flour in a mixing bowl (pepper added), and then press panko into the meat by kneading them to tenderize the meat. It doesn't take so long to cook to get tender cube steaks then. Love em!