Cubed Steaks Parmigiana Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs and water. Place cracker crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and basil in a third bowl.
- 2. Coat steaks with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 3. Arrange steaks in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°. Combine the tomato sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon oregano and garlic powder; spoon over steaks. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- 4. Top each steak with mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and remaining oregano. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 478 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 1116mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Cubed Steaks Parmigiana
"Excellent. The family loved it. I suggest leaving out the sugar."
"We had this for dinner tonight and thought it was very good. I followed the directions exactly except I did not add sugar to the tomato sauce as we don't like sweet spaghetti sauce. I would definitely make this again."
"Love his recipe. It is one of my staples."
"Best recipe I've found for cube steak."
"This is great. My husband loves it. My kids on thr otherhand are just picky and wont try it lol"
"This recipe is very good and was enjoyed even by my son who is a very picky eater. I used Ritz crackers in place of saltines."
"I used progressive Italian breadcrumbs instead of saltine crackers and basil...We loved it would definitely make it again. I think I will try this with chicken next time too=)"
"This is delicious, my husband isn't one for trying something new but he loves this dish. I have made it several times now and on one occasion I used pork cube steak.....That was a NO! NO! Stick with the beef...Great Recipe"
"This has become one of my husbands favorites (and mine)! I love the flavor of the tomato sauce and I make sure to really pound out my meat thin. My mouth waters when I think of this recipe! Sometimes if I am in a hurry I have substituted Italian Bread crumbs and then mixed in the parm. cheese. That way I am not scrabbling through my spices."
"I've only made cubed steak twice and after having this recipe I realized that it's not my choice of meat. The recipe was good itself, nothing too special but simple and creative."
"My husband and I purchase a half of beef every Fall, so I have plenty of cube steaks and I am always looking for new recipes. This was delicious! We both enjoyed it and will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe!"
"This was easy and delicious. My family says this is definitely a keeper."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.