Cubed Steaks Italiano
Packed with Italian flavor, these mouthwatering cubed steaks from Jo Ann Honey of Longmont, Colorado are ready in no time, and cleanup is a breeze! “This is one of my favorite quick meals that’s fairly inexpensive and healthy,” says Jo Ann.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, garlic powder and pepper. In a
- large skillet, saute the zucchini, tomatoes, onion and 1 teaspoon
- spice mixture in 1/2 teaspoon oil until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over cubed steaks. In the same
- skillet, cook steaks in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2
- minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- cheese. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cubed steak with 1 cup vegetables equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.