Cubed Steaks Italiano Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, tomatoes, onion and 1 teaspoon spice mixture in 1/2 teaspoon oil until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over cubed steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now