Packed with Italian flavor, these mouthwatering cubed steaks from Jo Ann Honey of Longmont, Colorado are ready in no time, and cleanup is a breeze! “This is one of my favorite quick meals that’s fairly inexpensive and healthy,” says Jo Ann.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the basil, garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, tomatoes, onion and 1 teaspoon spice mixture in 1/2 teaspoon oil until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over cubed steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cubed Steaks Italiano in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steaks Italiano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review