Cubed Steak Stroganoff Recipe
This "comfort food" dish is a favorite for my husband and me, and I've shared the recipe with many others.—Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 to 8 tablespoons sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt. Add cubed steaks, one at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the steaks in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Add the water, bouillon and pepper; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil). Return meat to pan; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC