Cubed Steak Skillet Supper
I FIRST made this delicious main dish in the '70s for a progressive dinner party. It was so easy to prepare.
This fast recipe came in handy while I was a working mom, too.
-Karen Rodgers, Verona, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large
- skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil until no longer pink. Set
- aside and keep warm.
- Add the onion, potatoes and beans to skillet; stir in soup. Return
- steaks to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is
- tender. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.