I FIRST made this delicious main dish in the '70s for a progressive dinner party. It was so easy to prepare. This fast recipe came in handy while I was a working mom, too. -Karen Rodgers, Verona, Virginia
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil until no longer pink. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the onion, potatoes and beans to skillet; stir in soup. Return steaks to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cubed Steak Skillet Supper in Reminisce January/February 2000, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steak Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review