- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil until no longer pink. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the onion, potatoes and beans to skillet; stir in soup. Return steaks to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steak Skillet Supper
"My family thought this was just OK. It was certainly easy to prepare, and it is filling, but it could have used more seasoning. More pepper at the table helped. I probably won't be making this again."
"My children and I loved it! This dish is very savory and tasty!"
"THIS WAS A VERY GOOD DISH. I'LL MAKE IT ALOT. SELOGY"
"This recipe turned out to be outstanding. The flavor is scrumptious. The green beans are only one of many veggies that can be added. We put in some suger snap peas and were delighted."