Cubed Steak Dinner Recipe
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green pepper rings
- Sweet red pepper rings
- 1. In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until melted.
- 2. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. In the same skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pepper rings in remaining oil until tender. Spoon over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Cubed Steak Dinner
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.