Cubed Steak Dinner
This colorful entree makes dinner for two extra special. The subtle blend of flavors seasons the steaks just right.—Arthur Baker, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green pepper rings
- Sweet red pepper rings
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat
- until no longer pink. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or
- until melted.
- Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. In the same skillet, saute the
- onion, garlic and pepper rings in remaining oil until tender. Spoon
- over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.