Cubed Steak Diane
Dijon mustard and grape juice combine in a flavorful sauce in this speedy main dish.Lauren D. Heyn, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute steaks in butter for 2 minutes on each side
- or meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the grape juice, Worcestershire sauce and
- mustard; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook for 1
- minute. Remove steaks and keep warm. Cook the sauce 1-2 minutes
- longer or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over
- cubed steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.