Cuban-Style Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Cooking green pepper halves in the microwave not only cuts down the cooking time but it keeps the kitchen cooler.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 cup water
- Roasted sweet red pepper strips, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut green peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place in an ungreased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; fill each pepper half with 1/2 cup meat mixture. Garnish with red pepper strips if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 317 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Cuban-Style Stuffed Peppers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC