- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 9 slices Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 24 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Layer with ham, cheese and pickles; replace top halves of rolls.
- In a microwave, melt butter; stir in onion and mustard. Drizzle over rolls. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and heated through, 5-10 minutes longer. Remove from pan; cut into sliders. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cuban Sliders
"So easy to make and so delicious! My family loved it! Will definitely make again!"
"Wow! So easy but really. A big hit on our appetizer night. I made 1/2 recipe but regretted doing so when the plate was empty."
"Huge hit!! I did the onion powder too, and added some poppy seeds for color. Great and so simple to make!!"
"These are quick to make and tasty. The next time I make it, I will leave out the onion, however. I don't think it blended well with the other flavors."
"Love a simple sandwich supper! Great flavor! I used Hawaiian slider buns instead and onion powder instead of chopped onions. My family gobbled them down!"
"Tasty and easy to make. Great for a casual gathering, especially since you can serve so many people."
"I made these to take to the beach. The flavor was excellent and I don't think that they lost much not being hot from the oven. Yum, and so simple I will definitely make again."
"While these sliders are quite good, they definitely are not mini Cuban sandwiches. Cubans have Spanish pork, genoa salami in addition to ham and Swiss cheese. I live in Tampa, the home of the Cuban sandwich So, other than being misnamed, they are worth making for a night of watching the game on TV."