Cuban Roasted Pork Sandwiches Recipe
Our home economists slowly roast pork in a seasoned citrus marinade, then layer slices with pickles, zippy mustard, ham and cheese for an incredible hot sandwich.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 loaves (1 pound each) French bread
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- Yellow mustard, optional
- 24 thin sandwich pickle slices
- 2-1/4 pounds sliced deli ham
- 2-1/4 pounds Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1. Cut sixteen 1-in. slits in roast; insert garlic slices. In a large bowl, combine the onions, orange juice, lime juice and seasonings. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast and reserved marinade in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reaches 160°, basting occasionally. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread butter and mustard if desired over cut sides of bread. Cut pork into thin slices. Layer bottom halves of bread with pickles, pork, ham and cheese. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into sixths.
- 4. Cook in batches on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 24 servings.
1 each: 590 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1206mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein
Reviews for Cuban Roasted Pork Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC