- until a thermometer reaches 160°, basting occasionally. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Spread butter
- and mustard if desired over cut sides of bread. Cut pork into thin
- slices. Layer bottom halves of bread with pickles, pork, ham and
- cheese. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into sixths.
- Cook in batches on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or
- until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 590 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,206 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.