Cuban Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Place roast in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over the roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Discard bay leaves. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked pork) equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Cuban Pork Roast
"The flavor of this marinade was excellent but the meat needed to marinate overnight. The two end pieces were the only that had really picked up the flavor."