Cuban Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Place roast in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over the roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; baste with pan drippings. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Discard bay leaves. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked pork) equals 168 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.