- paste, garlic and seasonings; pour over top. Cover and cook on low
- for 4-6 hours or until heated through.
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Drain. Stir the green pepper, olives, jalapeno and
- raisins into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.