This fresh Cuban sauce wonderfully complements steak, but pour it over a burger, and your taste buds will thank you!
- Elaine Sweet, Dallas, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Grilled steak
- Place garlic in a small food processor; cover and chop. Add the
- cilantro, parsley, pepper flakes and pepper; cover and process until
- finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce and lime peel. While
- processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with steak.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 95 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.