Crusty Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 large tart apple, sliced
- 1. Place leg of lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and seasonings; spread over meat. Place onion in pan; pour broth over onion. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour.
- 2. Add potatoes; bake 30 minutes longer. Add apple; bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove vegetables and apple and keep warm. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Crusty Roast Leg of Lamb
"We eat a lot of lamb in our household, so I thought I would try a different recipe. The breading is pretty dry and has very little taste to it. I would prefer just salt, pepper and a little rosemary on my roast."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.