Crusty Red Snapper Recipe
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed baked Parmesan and Tuscan herb potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, combine the tomatoes, peppers, leeks, celery leaves and garlic; arrange fillets over vegetable mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chips, cheese, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; stir in butter. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture equals 237 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.