Crusty Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup seven-grain cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Sesame or poppy seeds, optional
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into four portions; shape into 6-in. loaves. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cut slits in the top of each loaf. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 loaves (5 slices each).
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Bob's Red Mill 7-grain cereal.
1 slice: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Crusty Mini Loaves
"These have been a favorite of ours for years. So glad to find the recipe online to add to my app now instead of my recipe binder."