Crusty Italian Sub Supreme
I encourage guests to grab a knife and fork before diving into hearty slices of this sandwich! Each bite is loaded with sausage, cheese, artichoke hearts and sauce.—Toni Lockhart, Gilmer, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom,
- leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another
- Line bread shell with cheese slices; top with sausage mixture and
- artichokes. Replace bread top. Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 455 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.