Crusty Italian Sub Supreme Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- 2. Cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 3. Line bread shell with cheese slices; top with sausage mixture and artichokes. Replace bread top. Wrap loaf in foil.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 455 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.