- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Cut the top third off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Line bread shell with cheese slices; top with sausage mixture and artichokes. Replace bread top. Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crusty Italian Sub Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p102
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crusty Italian Sub Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review