Crusty Dinner Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half-and-half cream or milk, optional
- Butter and/or honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Brush tops with cream if desired. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or honey. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 each: 108 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crusty Dinner Biscuits
"The perfect little biscuit. It will definitely be my go to biscuit recipe!"