Crusty Dinner Biscuits Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half-and-half cream or milk, optional
- Butter and/or honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Brush tops with cream if desired. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or honey. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 each: 108 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Crusty Dinner Biscuits
"We loved these! Quick and easy. I used fat free milk and olive oil. I did not roll but dropped right onto a greased cookie sheet, and I did not brush the tops. They turned out great. Thanks for submitting!"
"The perfect little biscuit. It will definitely be my go to biscuit recipe!"
"Quick and Easy - These would go well with just about anything. It was just what I was looking for. I think they tasted better (and had a MUCH better texture) than the ones I used to make with baking mix."
"Quick and Easy! I add 1tbsp of sugar to sweeten the mix a bit. Great base recipe for add-ins!"
"Delicious quick and easy to make biscuits. Good served with jams or with savory dishes too."