Crusty Dinner Biscuits Recipe
These biscuits bake up with golden crusty outsides and moist and tender vegetables dish we both enjoy.—Sharon McClatchey, Muskogee, Oklahoma
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Half-and-half cream or milk, optional
- Butter and/or honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Combine milk and oil; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Brush tops with cream if desired. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and/or honey. Yield: 6 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC