Crusty Cheese Bread
Your family will love the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of these toasted bread slices, which get a kick from cayenne pepper.Tanya Brady, Montague, Michigan
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into
- slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.