Crusty Cheese Bread Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 194 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Crusty Cheese Bread
"This was possibly the easiest best tasting garlic bread ever. It tastes so good and is so simple to make!"
"LOVE this bread! I used a fresh loaf of French bread, cut in half. I used a brush to put the ingredients on the bread and added a little more garlic and cheese. The cayenne pepper really gives it a bite. Fantastic!"
"This was delicious using the crusty baquette from the bakery."