- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Crusty Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p16
Reviews for Crusty Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"This was possibly the easiest best tasting garlic bread ever. It tastes so good and is so simple to make!"
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"This was delicious using the crusty baquette from the bakery."