Your family will love the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of these toasted bread slices, which get a kick from cayenne pepper.—Tanya Brady, Montague, Michigan
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Crusty Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p16
Reviews for Crusty Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review