Crustless Zucchini Pie
Peggy Gandy of South Amboy, New Jersey makes the most of her zucchini harvest by baking this crowd-pleasing entree. The golden-brown pies slice so beautifully you can serve them to company! At 31 cents a serving, they're great for entertaining on a budget.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the zucchini,
- biscuit mix and cheese. Pour into two greased 9-in. pie plates.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 204 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.