Crustless Swiss Quiche Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 9 eggs
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour; cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool, about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, baking powder, salt and mustard; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Slowly add cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture and cream sauce. Fold in Swiss
- 3. and Parmesan cheeses. Pour into two greased 10-in. pie plates. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 248 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.