- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Crustless Spinach Quiche
"Very good recipe. I used Canadian bacon for the ham."
"New family favorite menu ! We all love it !"
"I wanted to use up fresh spinach and decided to try this. This is very good and no need for a pie crust, it holds together nicely. It was still good when warmed up for lunch the next day."
"I would like a pie crust, would it be soggy if I used this mixture in one?"
"I made this yesterday for the second time. Turned out good. However, my son can't have chicken eggs or cow dairy products so I used goat cheese and duck eggs. Also I used fresh spinach, chopped up and I sauted it with the mushrooms etc. It also freezes well, and he takes it to work for his lunch."
"Great recipe as written and you can add or subtract veggies that your family likes. No need for a crust."
"We make quiche for our church group often and all love the spinach. We use fresh spinach and it works very well. Also, I think it has more flavor. crustless works well for my husband because he watches his carb intake."
"Delicious and easy. My kids (ages 5 and 9) also loved ! Simple to adapt with different meats or veggies. Will make again soon!"
"This was delicious! It was so easy to make and cooked in about 35 min for me! Thanks!"
"Recipe tastes great as presented."