Crustless Spinach Quiche
I served this dish at a church luncheon and I had to laugh when one gentleman said to me, "This is good, and I don't even like broccoli!" I replied, "Sir, it isn't broccoli. It's spinach." He quickly answered, "Oh, I don't like spinach, either, but this is good!"
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Add spinach and ham. cook and stir until the excess moisture is
- evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir
- in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a
- greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 255 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.