Crustless Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham. cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 255 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.