- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crustless Spinach Quiche
"We make quiche for our church group often and all love the spinach. We use fresh spinach and it works very well. Also, I think it has more flavor. crustless works well for my husband because he watches his carb intake."
"Delicious and easy. My kids (ages 5 and 9) also loved ! Simple to adapt with different meats or veggies. Will make again soon!"
"This was delicious! It was so easy to make and cooked in about 35 min for me! Thanks!"
"Recipe tastes great as presented."
"Everyone one Loves this one in our House you can't go wrong!!! We add cold sliced tomatoes to it just delicious!!! :)"
"I improvised using fresh spinach that I cooked down with the onions and ham. No mushrooms in the fridge so they were left out. It was really quite tasty. I used Boar's Head honey ham that I already had in the fridge as well."
"Family loves this dish YUM"
"Wow! This recipe is super easy and convertible! I did like another post suggested and added 1 egg for 6 total and swapped ingredients to what is available where I'm located (swapped ham = canned tuna, fresh cheese = cheese sauce, and spinach = malungay) the rest was the same except I added garlic. Big hit! As a side note if using a convection oven it cuts the time down to about 25-30 min! We ate it for dinner with rice."
"This is a good recipe to use as a base to build your own favorite. You can line the greased pan with (opt) sliced muenster4-5 and it will not stick . I always have added at least 1/4 a cup of 1/2 n 1/2 to my quiche. Definitely add spices as so much spinach is tasteless and cut back on the amt spinach or it's too strong. Used an 8 oz block and shredded jack plus mixed in a sm amt of parmesan. Google and compare quiche ingred's til you find one you like best then just swap out what you prefer. Used 6 eggs since mine seemed smaller than usual. 3.5 stars"
"I don't like cooked spinach (I like raw spinach in salads) - so I used the broccoli and it came out really good!"