- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add spinach and ham; cook and stir until the excess moisture is evaporated. Cool slightly. Beat eggs; add cheese and mix well. Stir in spinach mixture and pepper; blend well. Spread evenly into a greased 9-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crustless Spinach Quiche
Sort By :
"Wow! This recipe is super easy and convertible! I did like another post suggested and added 1 egg for 6 total and swapped ingredients to what is available where I'm located (swapped ham = canned tuna, fresh cheese = cheese sauce, and spinach = malungay) the rest was the same except I added garlic. Big hit! As a side note if using a convection oven it cuts the time down to about 25-30 min! We ate it for dinner with rice."
"This is a good recipe to use as a base to build your own favorite. You can line the greased pan with (opt) sliced muenster4-5 and it will not stick . I always have added at least 1/4 a cup of 1/2 n 1/2 to my quiche. Definitely add spices as so much spinach is tasteless and cut back on the amt spinach or it's too strong. Used an 8 oz block and shredded jack plus mixed in a sm amt of parmesan. Google and compare quiche ingred's til you find one you like best then just swap out what you prefer. Used 6 eggs since mine seemed smaller than usual. 3.5 stars"
"I don't like cooked spinach (I like raw spinach in salads) - so I used the broccoli and it came out really good!"
"When I see some other the other recipes for this has a blue ribbon. It makes me wonder why this recipe does not. This one has the most 5 star ratings. I just made this for breakfast. Just love this! The man I take care of raved over it. It usually takes a bit for him to rave over something. I didn't have either one of these cheeses. Nor did I have enough of any one cheese. So I actually used a combo of 4 cheeses ( Smoked Gouda, Goat, Provolone, and Velveeta.) He doesn't like mushrooms, so I omitted them. Other than that I made it the same. Loved it. I will be making this again."
"This is a very good recipe...made it without the ham completely vegetarian....smelled so good baking...added a dash of nutmeg to egg"