Crustless Quiche Bake Recipe
Chock-full of veggies, cheese, bacon, eggs and a touch of sherry, this yummy recipe would be great served with fresh muffins or toasted breads and fruit! —June Marie Racus, Sun City West, Arizona
- 14 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash dill weed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions until tender. Add pimientos and sherry if desired; cook until liquid is evaporated.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, thyme, seasoned salt, mustard and dill. Add the bacon, mushroom mixture and 3 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 788 calories, 60 g fat (32 g saturated fat), 390 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC