Crustless Quiche Bake Recipe
- 14 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 12 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash dill weed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions until tender. Add pimientos and, if desired, sherry; cook until liquid is evaporated.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, thyme, seasoned salt, mustard and dill. Add the bacon, mushroom mixture and 3 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting .
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked quiche and remaining cheese separately in freezer containers. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Bake quiche as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 788 calories, 60g fat (32g saturated fat), 390mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 57g protein
Reviews for Crustless Quiche Bake
"I'm not sure why anyone would rate/review a recipe without trying it and misrecetas' concern about too many eggs is ridiculous because the recipe calls for 12 eggs and serves 12 people. That being said, I made this recipe for an Easter brunch and it was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it and several asked me for the recipe. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!"
"Made this for a group of ladies today and we all thought this wonderful! We have a gluten intolerant member so this recipe hit the spot."
"I have not made this but by looking at the list of ingredients I know I probably never will. It seems to be very high in fat and calls for an amazing amount of eggs."
"I made this when we had friends visiting and it was a huge hit! I subbed turkey bacon & added some diced chicken breast that I had on hand. I also used 6 whole eggs & egg substitute equivalent to remaining 6 eggs and only 2 cups of swiss to cut fat & calories- delicious!! Will make it often!"