- 14 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash dill weed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, green pepper and onions until tender. Add pimientos and sherry if desired; cook until liquid is evaporated.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, thyme, seasoned salt, mustard and dill. Add the bacon, mushroom mixture and 3 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Crustless Quiche Bake
Sort By :
I'm not sure why anyone would rate/review a recipe without trying it and misrecetas' concern about too many eggs is ridiculous because the recipe calls for 12 eggs and serves 12 people. That being said, I made this recipe for an Easter brunch and it was absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it and several asked me for the recipe. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!
Made this for a group of ladies today and we all thought this wonderful! We have a gluten intolerant member so this recipe hit the spot.
I have not made this but by looking at the list of ingredients I know I probably never will. It seems to be very high in fat and calls for an amazing amount of eggs.
I made this when we had friends visiting and it was a huge hit! I subbed turkey bacon & added some diced chicken breast that I had on hand. I also used 6 whole eggs & egg substitute equivalent to remaining 6 eggs and only 2 cups of swiss to cut fat & calories- delicious!! Will make it often!