Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Traditional pastry crusts are loaded with fat, which makes pumpkin pie a rare treat for people watching their diet. This is a satisfying treat for everyone.—Thelia Busse, Cresco, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 egg whites
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until well blended. Stir in cracker crumbs.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 116 calories, 0 fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC