- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 egg whites
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until well blended. Stir in cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and cinnamon if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Crustless Pumpkin Pie
"What a delight! As a diabetic, this was perfect. My family loved it too! My husband was on cloud nine because he didn't have to deal with a crust! (he hates pie crust) This has been added as a permanent addition to my recipes! Thank you! I discovered, as a side note, that you can use hubbard squash as a great substitute to pumpkin. I also used 4 eggs instead of substitute and skipped the egg whites. Yum!"
"Love this recipe! I will definitely be making this for the holidays!"
"can the egg substitute & egg whites be eliminated and just use how many eggs?? I would love to try this as I really am not a crust person when it comes to pie!!"
"luvsvacations the first line says:
In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until well blended. Stir in cracker crumbs. "
"I was wndering what you did with the graham cracker crumbs - does it go in the pie mixture - it calls for the first 9 ingredients and that is the 10th item. thanks"
"Everyone loved it even those who were not diabetics"
"I have made this a number of times. It is popular with my family. Since pumpkin pie is a custard filling, once it is well set it doesn't need the crust to hold it together. Who'd have thought?!"
"Turned out great!"
"It was awesome, my mom is newly diabetic and we are trying to find recipes she can have. Especially since she likes to bake. This one turned out good."
"I used a 9 inch deep dish pie pan and it came out great."