Crustless Pineapple Pie Recipe
I took a favorite pie recipe and substituted canned pineapple for the coconut it called for. The results were delicious. You can also bake this ahead of time.—Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, sugar, biscuit mix, butter, eggs, vanilla and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Sprinkle the pineapple into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Pour batter over pineapple.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC