Crustless Pineapple Pie Recipe
I took a favorite pie recipe and substituted canned pineapple for the coconut it called for. The results were delicious. You can also bake this ahead of time.Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, sugar, biscuit mix, butter, eggs, vanilla and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth. Sprinkle the pineapple into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Pour batter over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Pineapple Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p7
Reviews for Crustless Pineapple Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
This was an excellent pie. I made a gluten-free version by substituting GF Bisquick. Only thing to note - it took almost 2 hrs to cook, not the 45 min mentioned in the recipe. But - we will DEFINITELY make it again!