Having an abundance of pears one summer, I came up with this pleasing pie using that fresh fruit.—Eunice Gutbrod, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; toss to coat. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Pear Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p37
Reviews for Crustless Pear Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review