Crustless New York Cheesecake Recipe
This rich and flavorful cheesecake uses an abundance of dairy products. Even though the cake doesn't have a crust, I guarantee everyone will love it. —Mrs. George Parsell, Flushing, New York
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (24 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and top is dry to the touch (center 5 inches of cheesecake will not be set). Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Crustless New York Cheesecake in Country April/May 2002, p49
Reviews for Crustless New York Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review