- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with cooking spray. Sprinkle bottom and sides with bread crumbs; shake out the excess. Set plate aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 12-14 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach mixture, 1 cup Mexican cheese blend and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining cheese around edge of tart. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Mushroom Spinach Tart in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p52
Reviews for Crustless Mushroom Spinach Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2013
"So yummy! 1% milk works fine.~ Theresa"