Crustless Mushroom-Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray with heavy-duty foil; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini, green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Stir in the spinach, feta, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. Carefully remove sides of pan. Top each serving with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 244 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.