My husband is a real meat fan-but this luscious quiche is one meatless recipe he loves. In fact, he'll even go to the store and bring home Jarlsberg cheese as a hint that it's time for me to make it.
More Vegetarian Recipes »
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, baking powder, mustard and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Slowly beat in the cream cheese, cottage cheese mixture and white sauce until smooth. Fold in the Jarlsberg and Parmesan cheeses.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Four-Cheese Quiche in Country Woman March/April 2007, p27
Reviews for Crustless Four-Cheese Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review