Crustless Chicken Quiche
“This is a very easy brunch dish that keeps well if there are leftovers.” Thick and cheesy, it's near impossible not to enjoy this savory recipe! Susie Baumberger - Lancaster, CA
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer. In a large bowl, combine eggs and cream. Stir in
- the chicken, cheese, bacon and onion mixture. Pour into a greased
- 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 498 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 337 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic