- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped tomatoes
- Additional chopped olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the cheese mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomatoes and olives. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Crustless Cheese Quiche
"Made this for a work dinner. EVERYONE loved it! It looked a bit "thick" at first, but I trusted it and it was fabulous! My friend who doesn't "do" vegetarian asked if she could take some home for husband to try (and asked for the recipe too!)"
"I've made this before and it was great but this time had to improvise due to ingredients on hand. I was out of cottage cheese and ricotta too, so added a little cubed cream cheese. Plus I only had pepper jack cheese (plus cheddar) so saved my green chilis for another recipe. Also, I added the olives into the dish instead of on top -- either is good. Great recipe!!"
"very cheesy and quite heavy. Omitted chilies and olives and topped with bacon. Also omitted butter. definitely a high fat dish!"
"This was delicious! I used half cheddar and half Mexican blend cheese because that's what I had. It looked like too much filling for a 9-inch pie plate but I thought, trust TOH (and put a sheet of foil on the rack below it). It did fit and did not overflow much - a little splatter - but it was still a little runny after 50 minutes of baking and one hour cooling. Next time I'll use a 10-inch pie plate. And there will be a next time! It was really really easy and good!"
"I try to eat a lower carb diet and this is perfect. Also re-heated well so I could eat it for lunch during the week. I added 1/2 cup of salsa on the top the last few minutes of baking."