Olives and zesty chilies add dash to the rich flavor of a pie shared by Beverly Gottfried of Candler, North Carolina. With no crust, it's easy to prepare.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped tomatoes
- Additional chopped olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the cheese mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomatoes and olives. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Cheese Quiche in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p18
Reviews for Crustless Cheese Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review