The dessert, Molly notes, is another tried-and-true family favorite. "My mother made this scrumptious dessert for years," she says. "It's creamy and satisfying, and folks always ask for the recipe."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; spread over cream cheese filling. Bake 7-8 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with assorted fruit if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crustless Almond Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p13
Reviews for Crustless Almond Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review