- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients; spread over cream cheese filling. Bake 7-8 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with assorted fruit if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crustless Almond Cheesecake
"This is a perfect dessert when our company doesn't eat anything with flour or sugar. I substitute Splenda and it is delicious."
"Made with vanilla extract instead of almond, this small cheesecake is every bit as good as a large New York style cake. I have two mini cheesecake pans that I use when making this. The 6-inch pan is large enough to make the cake with the topping. The smaller 4-inch pan is only big enough to hold the cheesecake ingredients, but cannot accommodate the topping without spilling over. That leaves us with plain ol' cheesecake, but that's OK. Both versions are excellent and just big enough for us to enjoy a rich dessert without going overboard."