Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; add milk. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat fillets with pecan mixture, gently pressing into the fish.
- In a large skillet, brown salmon over medium-high heat in oil. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crusted Salmon(5)
Sort By :
This was very fast and simple to put together. I made half the recipe as I was only cooking for 2 and it worked out great, though I did have quite a bit of the crust mixture left over. I cooked mine in the same cast iron pan I did the browning in. I think it needed just a little something else to give it a kick of flavor though, maybe a bit more seasoning salt or a little butter cut into the crust mixture.
Resturant quailty recipe! As mentioned in an earlier review, I only made half of the pecan mixture and it was plenty.
This is one of my favorite salmon dishes! I got this recipe from my friend/neighbor years ago & I couldn't get enough! If you don't really care for salmon, at least try it once this way. This may just change your mind about salmon!
My husband is not fond of Salmon but he always request this during Lent... my son can't get enough of this salmon.
This was a really good salmon recipe, though not any more outstanding than other salmon recipes I have had. I may make it again. I will say, only about half of the pecan, etc. topping is really needed. I packed it on generously and still have a bowlful left over!
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >