Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; add milk. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat fillets with pecan mixture, gently pressing into the fish.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown salmon over medium-high heat in oil. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 658 calories, 45 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.