Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; add milk. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, flour, brown sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat fillets with pecan mixture, gently pressing into the fish.
- In a large skillet, brown salmon over medium-high heat in oil. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crusted Salmon(7)
Sort By :
This is one of my family's favorite way to have salmon!
Personally, I would have given this recipe 5 stars, but gave it 4 because the boyfriend didn't like it. He thought it was too sweet and described it as "sweet potato topping." Once he said it, that is what it tasted like, but I still thought it was very good on this fish.
This was very fast and simple to put together. I made half the recipe as I was only cooking for 2 and it worked out great, though I did have quite a bit of the crust mixture left over. I cooked mine in the same cast iron pan I did the browning in. I think it needed just a little something else to give it a kick of flavor though, maybe a bit more seasoning salt or a little butter cut into the crust mixture.
Resturant quailty recipe! As mentioned in an earlier review, I only made half of the pecan mixture and it was plenty.
This is one of my favorite salmon dishes! I got this recipe from my friend/neighbor years ago & I couldn't get enough! If you don't really care for salmon, at least try it once this way. This may just change your mind about salmon!
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >
- Salmon Fillet Recipes >